Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why Are You Doing This?

I'm not an expert, and I don't claim to be one.  I have no culinary experience, outside of my own home - hell, I've never even worked at McDonald's.  I'm just your average person who thought maybe other people would like to read some unprofessional reviews about Flint-area restaurants/food joints, and maybe find a new place to love.

I admit it, I do look up to those shows on the Travel Channel, like "No Reservations" and "Bizzare Foods".  I love how they've taken their passion and made it into their career, and I would love to do something similar.  I won't lie, a part of me is doing this for me.

I'm also interested in showing a better side of Flint, outside of the violence and drugs that the rest of the nation seems to think is the complete Flint experience.  I want to showcase the sense of community we have, and our fierce "Flintstone" pride, our individual backgrounds coming together to create unity from diversity, and what better way to do that than highlighting our food industry?  After all, in so many cultures, having a meal with someone is a nearly-scared experience, a ritual which requires both hosts and guests to know their parts.  It forges a bond that makes the participants, even for a short while, unable be shaken from its carb- or meat-induced camaraderie.

There are other important parts of Flint, I know, and believe me when I say that I will try to touch on as many of them as I can.  Ultimately, I'm hoping to show to the rest of Michigan - and the rest of the United States - that Flint may be down, but we are not out.  We are a strong set, ready to bounce back as a whole, already turning ourselves around in some areas, and someday Flint will be a different, better community.

~Local Flint Restaurants

Localflintrestaurants@gmail.com
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/FRestRevs

No comments:

Post a Comment