Saturday, July 27, 2013

Puerto Vallarta

PLACE: Puerto Vallarta (3192 S. Linden Rd.  Across from the mall, in the strip mall with Hobby Lobby & TJ Maxx).
VISIT NUMBER: 1

PRICE: $$
CUISINE: Mexican
WAIT TIME TO ORDER: ~10 Minutes (we asked for more time; we were asked immediately if we were ready to order).
WAIT TIME TO FOOD: ~10 Minutes

STAFF IMPRESSIONS: Moderately pushy.  As this was my first visit, I wanted to look at the menu without interruptions, but that didn't happen.  I felt as though I was inconveniencing the waitstaff by not knowing what I wanted before I sat down.  Not a very good vibe.  The waitress did not know the name of a few of the dishes, had to be shown what they were in the menu, and then proceeded to act as though we were idiots!  Also, received the appetizer (nachos) alog with the rest of the food.

FOOD: Okay, for the price - but if you like fresh cilantro, you'll love this place.
•Skimpy on the cheese in the Chicken & Chorizo Quesadilla, and an adequate amount in the plain Cheese Quesadilla.
•Nacho Supreme was alright - nothing terribly memorable, except the guacamole was nice, creamy, and added a wonderfully "fresh" taste to the dish.  Honestly, for the appetizer/entrée, the guacamole was the best part.
•Pablo Burrito was, again, okay.  The beans had a metallic taste to them.
•Sopapillas were alright, but the tortillas used were too thick to fry properly, so the dessert didn't have a crunch, just a stale "pop".  Flavor was good - cocoa powder and cinnamon on them.
•Xachos (?) tasted like a flan, but again, nothing special.

DRINK SELECTION: Coke, Jarritos; quite a few domestic beers (& O'Doules), Mexican regulars (Corona, Modelos); lots of different kinds of Tequilas, obviously, but only "Gin", "Rum", "Vodka".

SATISFACTION: okay.

WOULD RECOMMEND?: If I was at the mall and didn't want to go out of my way for my favorite Mexican place, I would maybe consider returning.

NOTES: Kid-Friendly.  Very cute and bright decor, but it seems rather kitschy. The booths are gorgeous, though - I love the carvings!

Don't forget, you can contact me at:

localflintrestaurants@gmail.com
Or
twitter.com/FRestRevs

Coming up: Maybe a contest?  Details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment